Hangzhou

View of Hangzhou from the Thunder Peak Pagoda hill.




Tourist boats awaiting their charge, West Lake.




Me and my all-powerful pink rentabike. We burned along the Sudi Causeway on West Lake together, pulling out some swift moves to avoid the 1 million other tourists walking the lake.




View from the almost-top of the Longjing tea-terraces.




Waiting room at Hangzhou train station.




Climbing the rocks at the Thunder Peak Pagoda.




Thunder Peak Pagoda.




Sunset over West Lake.




A lost lantern.




This was my treat for having spent about 10 hours wandering ALL over Hangzhou. It was delicious!!




There is a really cool story about this guy but I've forgotten it. Sorry.









mmm...meat drying.





Thermoses of hot water.




West Lake.




Meat drying, Dragon Well Tea Village




Laundry is everywhere and I became a bit obsessed with the sheets. I really wanted to bring a set back but couldn't find any.





I kind of crashed this couple's breakfast. Their house was at the top of a very steep staircase which I climbed to get a better view of the tea fields. They must have watched me come up and invited me in, we sat around awkwardly for awhile before they brought me out a thermos of Longjing Tea, which the area is famous for. The awkwardness continued while I sipped my tea and pretended to be absorbed in the view. Then I paid, took this pic and left. They must have run a teahouse out of their home, although from all appearances they weren't in business at the time of my visit. They were very sweet.





This is the pic the man took of me.

No comments: